Saturday, May 8, 2010

Skin care products I love that I bought abroad...

I love to travel. It doesn't matter if it's for a medical mission trip or just for vacation. I love learning about new cultures and also trying their skin care line.

My two favorite ones that i love are ponds and shiseido. I so wish that they were offered here in the states.

If you want something that cleans your face, removes make-up, and also has micro-dermabrasion, look no further than Ponds white beauty. I know it says WHITE, but no... it doesn't make your face ghostly white. I was ranting about my horrible acne scars in my last blog and I have to say that this face wash helps even out your skin tone. It also helps vanish the awful acne scars I have. I bought mine when I went to Sinaloa, Mexico last year. I wish I would have bought more because they work amazing! It smells great and it lathers! I lover face washes that lathers because I think that the bubbles help clean my face. I wish they sell it here because this product  helps clear up my acne scars faster. My face after using this face wash feels like a babies bottom. So smooth and soft. It doesn't dry out my face or make it oily. This would be the product I'd use everyday if they offer it here/
In japan, they offer a drug store brand of shiseido. Its very affordable and works the same as the ones i was buying here for $31... In japan, it cost 700 yen for a compact. The exchange rate is 88yen per dollar. The packaging of the selfit is nice. It clear on the bottom so you can see what color it is, but its not as pretty as the shiseido department store bought. While there's a difference in the packaging and the price, there's no difference on how well it blends on my skin. I was going to take a picture of it on but they just look the same and I cannot tell a difference. 

Yes I am aware that my expensive powder is all cracked and is ready to be disposed, but I like finishing my products that works. 






Do you have any products that you bought internationally and wish you would have bought more?

3 comments:

  1. I've never personally done any international beauty shopping but I have been lucky enough to win a few contests and get some lovely beauty products from England that I use very sparingly for fear that I'm going to run out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful. thanks for following me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha you may already know this, I love whitening deodorant b/c I always get dark underarms from shaving. I think it's only 2 or 3 dollars in the Philippines, but if I wanna purchase online, its about 5-8 USD plus shipping. UGhh!

    ReplyDelete