Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Feet Ready: How to get soft feet

Summer is all about enjoying the sun, wearing cute outfits, and most of all SANDALS and FLIP FLOPS!
My number one problem about wearing sandals and flip flops is that my feet gets dry. I mean the soles gets really dry and cracked! I know it sounds disgusting, but its true.
Here are a few reasons why feet gets dry:
  1. Sand on the beach
  2. Wind
  3. Age
Instead of going to the nail place every other day or every week, which is not budget friendly considering a pedicure can easily cost $25 + tip, I would suggest of trying VASELINE and Saran Wrap (plastic wrap). I was getting my feet massage and this Asian place and they used Vaseline instead of oil to massage my feet. And what I noticed was that my feet were really soft. It made sense because Vaseline moisturizes to heal dryness.
 
I put Vaseline on at night, and wrap each foot with saran wrap to lock-in the moisture and then put socks on. I know it sounds like too much work and wearing socks at night is not really my thing either, but the results are amazing! Imagine nice soft feet all day long! The best thing is, is that you do not have to do it everyday to get the same results. (I do it twice or three times a week just to pamper my feet.)

So remember that you do not have to spend a lot of money to get a pedicure or  a lot of time  soaking and scrubbing your own feet. Applying vaseline, saran wrap and putting socks-on saves money and takes as little as 5 minutes to get the gorgeous soft feet we all want :)



1 comment:

  1. Great Post – dont usually follow beauty but will now !
    I’ll be back !

    Please check out my blog with style updates/ fashion shoots
    http://seraluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete